Yuvraj Singh Bhandal (born on December 12, 1981 in Chandigarh) well known as “Yuvi”, is a left handed batsman of Indian cricketer team. He made his debut in 2000 at Nairobi against Kenya. He has been a member of the Indian cricket team since 2000 in ODI. He was the vice captain of the ODI team from late-2007 to late-2008. He scored his first century against Bangladesh in 2003 with 102* runs. His highest ODI score is 139 against Australia in January 2004 at Sydney. As of August 2011, he has scored 8,051 ODI runs with 13 centuries against 8 countries namely Pakistan, South Africa, England, Zimbabwe, Australia, West Indies, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and 49 fifties. He was named the Man of the Tournament in the 2011 Cricket World Cup.
Here is a list of his top ten ODIscores:
- Yuvraj slammed 139 runs with 16 fours and 2 sixes at a strike rate of 113.93 versus Australia at Sydney on January 22, 2004, batted for 143 minutes and faced 122 balls. He was bowled in the innings.
- He was unbeaten in the innings and scored 138* runs with 16 fours and 6 sixes at a strike rate of 176.92 versus England at Rajkot on November 14, 2008 and stood on the crease for 125 minutes and faced 78 balls.
- Yuvraj Singh smashed 131 runs including 10 fours and 7 sixes at a strike rate of 128.43 against West Indies at Kingston on June 26, 2009 and batted for 134 minutes and faced 102 balls. He was caught in the innings.
- He whacked 121 runs in 115 balls at a strike rate of 105.21 including 12 fours and 3 sixes against Australia at Hyderabad on October 5, 2007, batted for 177 minutes and was bowled in the innings.
- Yuvi stood on the crease for 155 minutes and nailed 120 runs in 124 balls with 12 fours and 1 six at a strike rate of 96.77 versus Zimbabwe at Harare on September 4, 2005 and was caught in the innings.
- Yuvraj scored 118 runs including 15 fours and 2 sixes in 122 balls at a strike rate of 96.72 versus England at Indore on November 17, 2008. He batted for 153 minutes and was caught in the innings.
- Yuvraj Singh accumulated 117 runs with 17 fours and 1 six at a strike rate of 123.15 against Sri Lanka at Colombo on February 3, 2009 and stood on the crease for 126 minutes and faced 95 balls. He was caught in the innings.
- He piled-up 113 runs from 123 balls in 163 minutes against West Indies at Chennai on March 20, 2011. He hit 10 fours and 2 sixes at a strike rate of 91.86 and was caught in the innings.
- Yuvi slammed 110 runs with 11 fours and 1 six at a strike rate of 96.49 versus West Indies at Colombo on August 7, 2005, batted for 149 minutes and faced 114 balls. He was caught in the innings.
- Yuvraj Singh played unbeaten innings of 107* runs including 14 fours at a strike rate of 115.05 v/s Pakistan at Karachi on February 19, 2006. He batted for 155 minutes and faced 93 balls.
Based on data provided by Cricinfo as of September 28, 2011