Andrew John Strauss, Officer of the Order of the British Empire (born on March 2, 1977 in Cape Town, Cape Province) well known as “Straussy”, “Levi”, “Mareman” and “Muppet”, is the captain of England’s Test cricket team. He made his test debut in 2004 against New Zealand at Lord’s. He became only the fourth batsman to score a century at Lord’s on his debut. He was named man of the match in his first overseas Test match. He scored his first century against New Zealand in 2004 with 112 runs. His highest test score is 177 against Bangladesh in May 2010 at Lord’s. As of September 2011, he has scored 6,340 test runs with 19 centuries against 6 countries namely Australia, India, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, West Indies and 25 fifties.
Here is a list of his top ten test scores:
1. Andrew Strauss slammed 177 runs with 25 fours at a strike rate of 51.6 versus New Zealand at Napier on March 22, 2008, batted for 481 minutes and faced 343 balls. He was caught in the innings.
2. Straussy piled-up 169 runs from 278 balls in 346 minutes versus West Indies at St John’s on February 15, 2009. He hit 24 fours and 1 six at a strike rate of 60.79 and was caught in the innings.
3. Levi smashed 161 runs including 22 fours at a strike rate of 60.07 against Australia at Lord’s on July 16, 2009 and batted for 370 minutes and faced 268 balls. He was bowled in the innings.
4. Mareman whacked 147 runs in 250 balls at a strike rate of 58.8 including 23 fours and 1 six against South Africa at Johannesburg on January 13, 2005, batted for 353 minutes and was caught in the innings.
5. He stood on the crease for 249 minutes and nailed 142 runs in 210 balls with 18 fours and 1 six at a strike rate of 67.61 versus West Indies at Bridgetown on February 26, 2009 and was bowled in the innings.
6. Muppet scored 142 runs including 11 fours in 271 balls at a strike rate of 52.39 versus West Indies at Port of Spain on March 6, 2009. He batted for 368 minutes and was bowled in the innings.
7. Andrew accumulated 137 runs with 20 fours at a strike rate of 67.82 against West Indies at Lord’s on July 22, 2004 and stood on the crease for 298 minutes and faced 202 balls. He was caught in the innings.
8. Strauss smashed 136 runs including 16 fours at a strike rate of 47.71 against South Africa at Durban on December 26, 2004 and batted for 383 minutes and faced 285 balls. He was caught in the innings.
9. He whacked 129 runs in 210 balls at a strike rate of 61.42 including 17 fours versus Australia at The Oval on September 8, 2005, batted for 351 minutes and was caught in the innings.
10. Mareman stood on the crease for 329 minutes and nailed 128 runs in 240 balls with 17 fours and 1 six at a strike rate of 53.33 versus India at Mumbai on March 18, 2006 and was caught in the innings.
Based on data provided by Cricinfo as of September 28, 2011