Yuvraj Singh is the only batsman to hit six sixes in an over of a twenty20 cricket match held at Durban on 19th September, 2007 and the second batsman to hit SIX sixes in the history of international cricket. Yuvraj came in to bat when Indians had a brilliant opening partnership of 136 runs but lost both Gambhir and Sehwag in quick succession and then Robin Uthappa in space of 3 overs. Yuvi came to the crease in 17th over to accelerate the run rate of Indian innings. But before the 19th over, Yuvraj had an ugly argument with Andrew Flintoff which in turn made him angry. It was the outburst of Yuvraj Singh that made him hit 6 sixes in an over to Stuart Broad. This helped him to reach his half century off just 12 balls.
• Yuvraj Singh smashed Broad for a SIX over square leg on the 1st ball of the over. The Six measured 111 yards and landed outside the ground.
• On the 2nd ball of the Stuart Broad’s over, Yuvraj Singh hit another SIX over square leg boundary.
• Yuvi smashed third SIX of the 3rd ball over extra cover and made Hat-trick of sixes.
• Yuvraj Singh nailed Broad by hitting another consecutive SIX over backward point on a full toss delivery. After the 4th SIX, the team was totally in shambles.
• On the 5th ball, he hit another SIX over midwicket. The ball went to the night sky and landed into the crowd. After hitting the 5th SIX, Yuvi gave a gesture to Dimitri Mascarenhas who previously hit Yuvraj for 5 consecutive sixes.
• Yuvraj hit a thunderous SIX on the last ball over mid-on position and became the first batsman to hit six sixes in Twenty20.
For more information on Yuvraj Singh Twenty20 Records click here
No related posts.