Cricket Equipment – The Mongoose Cricket Bats
The Mongoose bat is a new kind of cricket bat with unorthodox dimensions and was introduced by Chennai Super King’s opener Matthew Hayden on Thursday at the Feroz Shah Kotla in Delhi during IPL season 2010 to meet the needs of modern cricket “Twenty 20”. Mongoose Bat is manufactured by the company “Mongoose” which deals in cricket equipments and gears. Hayden is known for his powerful and aggressive batting and likes to accumulate runs at faster run rate. So, he experimented with the new kind of bat “Mongoose Bat” in IPL (Indian Premier League) and was successful in doing so as scored 94 from only 43 balls including 7 sixes for the Chennai Super Kings against the Delhi Daredevils.
The weight and handling is pretty much same as a conventional bat. This cricket bat has a longer handle which allows you to hit harder. The bat is used by not only Hayden but also Australia all-rounder Andrew Symonds and South Africa captain Graeme Smith. The Mongoose has the potential to revolutionize cricket.
• The Mongoose bat is a specifically designed for Twenty20.
• The Mongoose bat’s blade is 33% shorter and its handle 43% longer than a conventional bat.
• The Mongoose is the most radical change to cricket bat design since 1771.
• The Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) Laws sub-committee has confirmed that the Mongoose bats are legal and allowed to be used in all levels of cricket.
• The Mongoose bat offers a batsman 20% more power and 15% more bat speed than a conventional bat.
• Unique Splice less Blade Technology is used in Mongoose bats which ensure that there is no dead spot in the hitting area of the bat.
• The Mongoose bat is also used by Stuart Law, Ebony Rainford-Brent and Laura Marsh in first class cricket.
Mongoose bat is launched in India by Matthew Hayden. There are different models of Mongoose bat.
Following are the models of the Mongoose bat:
• CoR3 SUPER PREMIUM: The CoR3 super premium is made of grade one English willow.
• CoR3 PREMIUM: The CoR3 premium is made of grade two English willow.
• CoR3 SERIES: The CoR3 series is made of grade three English willow.
• CoR3 PRIME: The CoR3 prime is made of grade four English willow.
• MMi3 SUPER PREMIUM: The MMi3 super premium is made of grade one English willow.
• MMi3 PREMIUM: The MMi3 premium is made of grade two English willow.
• MMi3 SERIES: The MMi3 series is made of grade three English willow.
• MMi3 PRIME: The MMi3 prime is made of grade four English willow
• TORQ SUPER PREMIUM: The TORQ super premium is made of grade one English willow.
• TORQ PREMIUM: The TORQ premium is made of grade one English willow.
• TORQ SERIES: The TORQ series is made of grade one English willow.
• TORQ PRIME: The TORQ prime is made of grade one English willow.