Thilan Thusara Samaraweera (born on September 22, 1976 in Colombo) is a Sri Lankan cricketer who made his debut in 2001 at Colombo. He is well known for his solid right-handed batting. He scored his first century against India in 2001 with 123* runs. His highest test score is 231 against Pakistan in February 2009 at Karachi. As of August 2011, he had scored 4,683 test runs with 12 centuries against 7 nations namely India, Pakistan, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, England, West Indies, Bangladesh and 27 fifties. He scored 200 on two occasions.
Here is a list of his top ten test scores:
1. Thilan Samaraweera slammed 231 runs with 31 fours at a strike rate of 72.64 against Pakistan at Karachi on February 21, 2009, batted for 454 minutes and faced 318 balls. He was bowled in the innings.
2. Samaraweera piled-up 214 runs from 338 balls in 414 minutes versus Pakistan at Lahore on March 1, 2009. He hit 32 fours at a strike rate of 63.31 and was run out in the innings.
3. Thilan smashed 159 runs including 24 fours and 1 six at a strike rate of 57.4 against New Zealand at Galle on August 18, 2009 and batted for 346 minutes and faced 277 balls. He was caught in the innings.
4. T.T.Samaraweera whacked 143 runs in 240 balls at a strike rate of 59.58 including 17 fours and 1 six against New Zealand at Colombo (SSC) on August 26, 2009, batted for 377 minutes and was caught in the innings.
5. He stood on the crease for 491 minutes and nailed 142 runs in 408 balls with 13 fours at a strike rate of 34.8 versus England at Colombo (SSC) on December 18, 2003 and was run out in the innings.
6. Thilan Samaraweera scored 138 runs including 20 fours in 217 balls at a strike rate of 63.59 against Bangladesh at Colombo (PSS) on September 20, 2005. He batted for 292 minutes and was caught in the innings.
7. Samaraweera was unbeaten in the innings and scored 137* runs with 12 fours and 1 six at a strike rate of 47.56 versus India at Colombo (PSS) on August 3, 2010 and stood on the crease for 370 minutes and faced 288 balls.
8. He accumulated 127 runs with 18 fours at a strike rate of 56.69 against India at Colombo (SSC) on July 23, 2008 and stood on the crease for 292 minutes and faced 224 balls. He was caught in the innings.
9. T.T. Samaraweera piled-up 125 runs from 199 balls versus West Indies at Port of Spain on April 3, 2008. He hit 18 fours at a strike rate of 62.81 and was run out in the innings.
10. Thilan played unbeaten innings of 123* runs including 12 fours and 1 six at a strike rate of 74.09 versus Zimbabwe at Colombo (SSC) on December 27, 2001. He batted for 270 minutes and faced 166 balls.
Based on data provided by Cricinfo as of September 16th, 2011