Yuvraj Singh Bhandal (born on December 12, 1981 in Chandigarh) well known as “Yuvi”, is a left handed batsman of Indian cricket team. He made his debut in 2003 at Mohali against New Zealand. He has been a member of the Indian cricket team since 2003. He scored his first century against Pakistan in 2004 with 112 runs. His highest test score is 169 against Pakistan in December 2007 at Bangalore. As of August 2011, he has scored 1,709 test runs with 3 centuries against 1 nation i.e. Pakistan and 10 fifties. He was named the Man of the Tournament in the 2011 Cricket World Cup.
Here is a list of his top ten test scores:
1. Yuvraj slammed 169 runs with 28 fours and 1 six at a strike rate of 83.25 versus Pakistan at Bangalore on December 8, 2007, batted for 250 minutes and faced 203 balls. He was caught in the innings.
2. Yuvraj Singh piled-up 122 runs from 144 balls in 183 minutes against Pakistan at Karachi on January 29, 2006. He hit 19 fours and 1 six at a strike rate of 84.72 and was caught in the innings.
3. Yuvi smashed 112 runs including 15 fours and 2 sixes at a strike rate of 86.82 versus Pakistan at Lahore on April 5, 2004 and batted for 197 minutes and faced 129 balls. He was caught in the innings.
4. He whacked 86 runs in 93 balls at a strike rate of 92.47 including 6 fours and 4 sixes against England at Mohali on December 19, 2008, batted for 134 minutes and was run out in the innings.
5. Yuvraj Singh was unbeaten in the innings and scored 85* runs with 8 fours and 1 six at a strike rate of 64.88 versus England at Chennai on December 11, 2008 and stood on the crease for 196 minutes and faced 131 balls.
6. Yuvi played unbeaten innings of 77* runs including 10 fours at a strike rate of 45.83 against Sri Lanka at Delhi on December 10, 2005. He batted for 225 minutes and faced 168 balls.
7. Yuvraj Singh accumulated 75 runs with 13 fours and 1 six at a strike rate of 90.36 versus Sri Lanka at Ahmedabad on December 18, 2005 and stood on the crease for 119 minutes and faced 83 balls. He was caught in the innings.
8. He stood on the crease for 129 minutes and nailed 68 runs in 93 balls with 13 fours at a strike rate of 73.11 against Sri Lanka at Ahmedabad on November 16, 2009 and was caught in the innings.
9. Yuvi scored 67 runs including 4 fours and 2 sixes in 105 balls at a strike rate of 63.8 versus Sri Lanka at Kanpur on November 24, 2009. He batted for 151 minutes and was caught in the innings.
10. Yuvraj Singh accumulated 62 runs with 10 fours at a strike rate of 53.91 against England at Nottingham on July 29, 2011 and stood on the crease for 141 minutes and faced 115 balls. He was caught in the innings.
Based on data provided by Cricinfo as of September 28, 2011
Related Cricket Highlights:
- Highest Score In One Day International: Yuvraj Singh [Cricket Records]
- Hashim Amla Highest Score In One Day International and Best Centuries [Cricket Records]
- Jonathan Trott Highest Test Score [Cricket Records]
- Andrew Strauss’s Highest Test Scores [Cricket Records]
- Highest Cricket Test Scores Of Thilan Samaraweera [Cricket Stats]