Michael John Clarke (born on April 2, 1981 in Liverpool, New South Wales) well known as “Pup”, a right handed batsman of Australian cricket team. He made his debut in 2003 at Adelaide against England. He was awarded the Allan Border Medal in 2005. He was also stand-in captain for the final Test of the 2010–11 Ashes series. He scored his first century against India in 2004 with 151 runs. His highest ODI score is 130 against India in September 2007 at Bangalore. As of August 2011, he has scored 6,551 ODI runs with 6 centuries against 7 countries namely Pakistan, South Africa, England, West Indies, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, India and 49 fifties.
Here is a list of his top ten ODI scores:
1. Michael accumulated 130 runs with 10 fours and 3 sixes at a strike rate of 98.48 against India at Bangalore on September 29, 2007 and stood on the crease for 202 minutes and faced 132 balls. He was run out in the innings.
2. He was unbeaten in the innings and scored 111* runs with 7 fours and 1 six at a strike rate of 79.85 v/s India at Visakhapatnam on October 20, 2010 and stood on the crease for 203 minutes and faced 139 balls.
3. Clarke played unbeaten innings of 105* runs including 16 fours and 1 six at a strike rate of 102.94 versus Zimbabwe at Harare on May 29, 2004. He batted for 133 minutes and faced 102 balls.
4. His unbeatable innings of 103* runs comprising 14 fours and 1 six came from 107 balls at a strike rate of 96.26 against Pakistan at Sydney on January 23, 2005 which took – minutes.
5. Pup whacked 101 runs in 111 balls at a strike rate of 90.99 including 6 fours and 2 sixes v/s Bangladesh at Dhaka on April 9, 2011, batted for 168 minutes and was caught in the innings.
6. He was unbeaten in the innings and scored 100* runs with 14 fours at a strike rate of 81.96 versus Pakistan at Abu Dhabi on May 1, 2009 and faced 122 balls.
7. Michael Clarke played unbeaten innings of 99* runs including 7 fours at a strike rate of 93.39 against England at The Oval on June 30, 2010. He batted for 144 minutes and faced 106 balls.
8. Pup piled-up 98 runs from 133 balls in 197 minutes v/s New Zealand at Melbourne on February 6, 2009. He hit 7 fours at a strike rate of 73.68 and was bowled in the innings.
9. Clarke smashed 97 runs including 12 fours and 1 six at a strike rate of 97.97 versus Pakistan at Hobart on January 16, 2005 and batted for 132 minutes and faced 99 balls. He was caught in the innings.
10. His unbeatable innings of 93* runs comprising 6 fours and 3 sixes came from 85 balls at a strike rate of 109.41 against Netherlands at Basseterre on March 18, 2007 which took 124 minutes.
Based on data provided by Cricinfo as of September 28, 2011
Related Cricket Highlights:
- One Day International (ODI) Scores Jonathan Trott [Cricket Stats]
- Highest Score In One Day International: Yuvraj Singh [Cricket Records]
- Highest Score In Tests – Matthew Hayden [Cricket Stats]
- MICHAEL CLARKE 166 V PAKISTAN, 3RD TEST 2009/10 VIDEO
- MICHAEL CLARKE MATCH WINNING 3 WICKET OVER Vs INDIA, 2ND TEST 2007/08 VIDEO