Sir Isaac Vivian Alexander Richards (born on March 7, 1952 in St John’s, Antigua) also known as “Vivian”, made his debut in 1975 at Manchester. He is a former West Indian cricketer. In December 2002, he was chosen by Wisden as the greatest One Day International (ODI) batsman of all time. He scored his first century against England in 1976 with 119 runs. His highest ODI score is 189 against England in May 1984 at Manchester. He played his last ODI cricket match against England in 1991. By the end of his career, he had scored 6,721 ODI runs with 11 centuries against five nations namely: India, Australia, England, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, and 45 fifties.
Here is a list of his top 10 highest scores:
1. 189* v/s England at Manchester on May 31, 1984. He faced 170 balls. He hit 21 fours and 5 sixes at a strike rate of 111.17. He was not out in that innings.
2. 181 v/s Sri Lanka at Karachi on October 13, 1987. He faced 125 balls. He hit 16 fours and 7 sixes at a strike rate of 144.80. He was caught in the innings.
3. 153* v/s Australia at Melbourne on December 9, 1979. He batted for 173 minutes and faced 130 balls. He hit 16 fours and 1 six at a strike rate of 117.69. He was not out in the innings.
4. 149 v/s India at Jamshedpur on December 7, 1983. He faced 99 balls. He hit 20 fours and 3 sixes. He was caught in that innings.
5. 138* v/s England at Lord’s on June 23, 1979. He batted for 207 minutes and faced 157 balls. He hit 11 fours and 3 sixes at a strike rate of 87.89. He was not out in the innings.
6. 119* v/s England at Scarborough on August 26, 1976. He faced 133 balls. He hit 20 fours and 1 six at a strike rate of 89.47. He was not out in the innings.
7. 119 v/s India at The Oval on June 15, 1983. He faced 146 balls. He hit 6 fours and 1 six at a strike rate of 81.50. He was caught in the innings.
8. 119 v/s New Zealand at Dunedin on March 18, 1987. He batted for 139 minutes and faced 113 balls. He hit 10 fours and 4 sixes at a strike rate of 105.30. He was caught in the innings.
9. 110* v/s India at Rajkot on January 5, 1988. He faced 77 balls. He hit 7 fours and 7 sixes at a strike rate of 142.85. He was not out in the innings.
10. 106 v/s Australia at Melbourne on January 22, 1984. He batted for 116 minutes and faced 95 balls. He hit 12 fours and 1 six. He was caught in that innings.
Related Cricket Highlights:
- Top Ten Test Scores Of Vivian Richards [Cricket Records]
- Hashim Amla Highest Score In One Day International and Best Centuries [Cricket Records]
- Photos and Highest Test Cricket Score of Sourav Ganguly [Cricket Records]
- Virender Sehwag Pictures and Highest Test Scores [Cricket Stats]
- Jacques Kallis Top ODI Scores [Cricket Records]