Sourav Chandidas Ganguly (born on 8 July 1972 in Kolkata, Bengal) well known as “Dada” is a former Indian cricketer and captain of the Indian cricket team. He made his debut in 1996 at Lord’s against England. He is regarded as one of India’s most successful captains in modern times. He scored his first century against England in 1996 with 131 runs. His highest test score is 239 against Pakistan in December 2007 at Bangalore. He played his last test match against Australia in 2008. By the end of his career, he had scored 7,212 test runs with 16 centuries against 7 nations namely Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, England, Australia, Bangladesh and 35 fifties. He scored 200 on one occasion.
Here is a list of his top ten test scores:
- Sourav Ganguly slammed 239 runs with 30 fours and 2 sixes at a strike rate of 66.2 against Pakistan at Bangalore on December 8, 2007, batted for 518 minutes and faced 361 balls. He was bowled in the innings.
- Ganguly piled-up 173 runs from 361 balls in 516 minutes versus Sri Lanka at Mumbai on December 3, 1997. He hit 25 fours and 2 sixes at a strike rate of 47.92 and was caught in the innings.
- He smashed 147 runs including 19 fours and 2 sixes at a strike rate of 47.11 versus Sri Lanka at Colombo on August 9, 1997 and batted for 427 minutes and faced 312 balls. He was caught in the innings.
- Dada whacked 144 runs in 196 balls at a strike rate of 73.46 including 18 fours against Australia at Brisbane on December 4, 2003, batted for 291 minutes and was caught in the innings.
- Sourav stood on the crease for 361 minutes and nailed 136 runs in 268 balls with 17 fours and 2 sixes at a strike rate of 50.74 against England at Nottingham on July 4, 1996 and was caught in the innings.
- Ganguly scored 136 runs including 21 fours and 1 six in 284 balls at a strike rate of 47.88 versus Zimbabwe at Delhi on February 28, 2002. He batted for 456 minutes and was caught in the innings.
- Dada accumulated 131 runs with 20 fours at a strike rate of 43.52 versus England at Lord’s on June 20, 1996 and stood on the crease for 435 minutes and faced 301 balls. He was bowled in the innings.
- He slammed 128 runs with 14 fours and 3 sixes at a strike rate of 76.64 against England at Leeds on August 22, 2002, batted for 261 minutes and faced 167 balls. He was bowled in the innings.
- Sourav Ganguly piled-up 125 runs from 251 balls in 323 minutes versus New Zealand at Ahmedabad on October 29, 1999. He hit 20 fours at a strike rate of 49.8 and was caught in the innings.
- Ganguly smashed 109 runs including 10 fours and 2 sixes at a strike rate of 45.41 against Sri Lanka at Mohali on November 19, 1997 and batted for 325 minutes and faced 240 balls. He was caught in the innings.
Based on data provided by Cricinfo as of September 27, 2011