Lasith Malinga is also known as Separamadu Lasith Malinga. He was born on August 28, 1983 at Galle, Sri Lanka, and is a Sri Lankan Cricketer. He is a specialist fast bowler with a rare round-arm action, sometimes referred to as a sling action, which leads to his nickname, “Slinga Malinga”. He is known for his very sharp bouncers which are often hard to recognize because of his round-arm action, and he has a very dangerous in-swinging yorker which has been known to smash batsmen’s feet if they do not see it come out of his hand. Malinga made his ODI debut against UAE at Dambulla on July 17, 2004. He is well known for his ability to take consecutive wickets: he is the first and only bowler in the world to have two World Cup hat-tricks, the first and only bowler to have taken three hat-tricks in ODIs and he is also the first, and currently the only, player to have taken four wickets in four consecutive balls in any form of international cricket. He took six wickets against Kenya at Colombo in March 2011, which is also his best, till date in ODI bowling.
Top ODI Wickets Of Lasith Malinga
- Lasith Malinga accumulated 6 wickets for 38 runs against Kenya at Colombo (RPS) on March 1, 2011 and bowled 7.4 overs at an economy rate of 4.95. He achieved his best bowling figures in the 1st innings of the match.
- It was the 2nd innings of the match in which he pocketed 5 wickets for 28 runs and bowled 8.2 overs with 2 maidens at an economy rate of 3.36 against Australia at Hambantota on August 16, 2011.
- Malinga bowled 9.4 overs with 2 maidens at an economy rate of 3.1 in the 2nd innings of the match and accumulated 5 wickets for 30 runs against Scotland at Edinburgh on July 13, 2011.
- Slinga Malinga bagged 5 wickets for 34 runs in the 2nd innings of the match at an economy rate of 3.4 against Pakistan at Dambulla on June 15, 2010 and bowled 10 overs.
- Lasith bowled 6.1 overs at an economy rate of 4.54 and achieved bowling figures of 4 wickets for 28 runs in the 2nd innings of the match against New Zealand at Colombo (RPS) on September 8, 2009.
- He bagged 4 wickets for 44 runs in the 1st innings of the match against England at Leeds on July 1, 2006 and bowled 10 overs at an economy rate of 4.4.
- Malinga bowled 9.4 overs with 1 maiden at an economy rate of 4.86 and pocketed 4 wickets for 47 runs against Australia at Perth on February 15, 2008. It was in the 1st innings of the match.
- In the 1st innings of the match, he grabbed 4 wickets for 53 runs at an economy rate of 5.88 against South Africa at Ahmedabad on October 24, 2006 and bowled 9 overs.
- Lasith Malinga bowled 9.2 overs and took 4 wickets for 54 runs at an economy rate of 5.78 in the 2nd innings of the match against South Africa at Providence on March 28, 2007.
- He fetched 3 wickets for 10 runs in the 2nd innings of the match against Bermuda at Port of Spain on March 15, 2007 and bowled 5 overs with 2 maidens at an economy rate of 2.
Based on data provided by Cricinfo as of September 29th, 2011