Gary Kirsten (born on November 23, 1967 in Cape Town, Cape Province) is a former South African cricketer and the World Cup winning coach of the Indian cricket team. He made his debut in 1993 at Sydney. He played mainly as an opening batsman. He gained a reputation as being a sturdy batsman in both Test cricket and one-day cricket. He scored his first century against Australia in 1994. His highest ODI score is 188* against United Arab Emirates in February 1996 at Rawalpindi. His last ODI cricket match was against Sri Lanka in 2003 at Durban. By the end of his career, he had scored 6,798 ODI runs with 13 centuries against seven countries countries, and 45 fifties.
Here is a list of his top 10 highest scores:
1. 188* v/s United Arab Emirates at Rawalpindi on February 16, 1996. He batted for 210 minutes and faced 159 balls. He hit 13 fours and 4 sixes at a strike rate of 118.23. He was not out in that innings.
2. 133* v/s India at Johannesburg on October 5, 2001. He batted for 205 minutes and faced 155 balls. He hit 13 fours at a strike rate of 85.80. He was out in the innings.
3. 124 v/s Kenya at Cape Town on October 22, 2001. He batted for 163 minutes and faced 130 balls. He hit 12 fours and 2 sixes at a strike rate of 95.38. He was caught in the innings.
4. 118* v/s Pakistan at Nairobi on October 6, 1996. He batted for 170 minutes and faced 127 balls. He hit 16 fours at a strike rate of 92.91. He was not out in that innings.
5. 116 v/s England at Centurion on January 14, 1996. He batted for 161 minutes and faced 126 balls. He hit 11 fours at a strike rate of 92.06. He was bowled in the innings.
6. 115* v/s India at Sharjah on April 19, 1996. He batted for 212 minutes and faced 142 balls. He hit 4 fours and 1 six at a strike rate of 80.98. He was not out in the innings.
7. 115 v/s India at Kochi on March 9, 2000. He batted for 174 minutes and faced 123 balls. He hit 12 fours at a strike rate of 93.49. He was caught in the innings.
8. 112* v/s Australia at Melbourne on January 21, 1994. He batted for 199 minutes and faced 137 balls. He hit 8 fours at a strike rate of 81.75. He was not out in the innings.
9. 106 v/s India at Sharjah on April 14, 1996. He batted for 182 minutes and faced 116 balls. He hit 9 fours at a strike rate of 91.37. He was bowled in the innings.
10. 105* v/s Australia at Indore on October 19, 1996. He batted for 203 minutes and faced 134 balls. He hit 9 fours at a strike rate of 78.35. He was not out in that innings.