Dale Willem Steyn (born on 27 June 1983 in Phalaborwa, Transvaal Province, South Africa) is an aggressive South African cricketer and is the right arm fast bowler who is capable of swinging the new ball and reversing the old ball. Steyn was named ICC Test Player of the Year after taking 86 wickets in 14 matches at an average of 18.10. He made his One Day International debut for South Africa on 20 January 2006 in a match against Australia at Melbourne. He has taken 81 wickets at an average of 27.62 in his ODI career as of September, 2011.
Here is a list of his top 10 ODI performances:
- Dale Steyn accumulated 5 wickets for 50 runs against India at Nagpur on March 12, 2011 and bowled 9.4 overs at an economy rate of 5.17. He achieved his best bowling figures in the 1st innings of the match.
- Steyn bagged 4 wickets for 16 runs in the 2nd innings of the match against Bangladesh at Potchefstroom on November 7, 2008 and bowled 8 overs with 1 maiden at an economy rate of 2.
- He bowled 9.2 overs at an economy rate of 2.89 and pocketed 4 wickets for 27 runs against Australia at Centurion on April 5, 2009. It was in the 1st innings of the match.
- In the 2nd innings of the match, he grabbed 4 wickets for 44 runs at an economy rate of 5.61 against Australia at Port Elizabeth on April 13, 2009 and bowled 7.5 overs including 1 maiden.
- Dale bowled 7.3 overs, out of which 1 was maiden and took 3 wickets for 24 runs at an economy rate of 3.2 in the 1st innings of the match against West Indies at Delhi on February 24, 2011.
- Steyn fetched 3 wickets for 37 runs in the 2nd innings of the match against India at Ahmedabad on February 27, 2010 and bowled 8 overs with 1 maiden at an economy rate of 4.62.
- It was the 1st innings of the match in which he pocketed 3 wickets for 47 runs and bowled 9 overs with 2 maidens at an economy rate of 5.22 against Sri Lanka at Centurion on September 22, 2009.
- Dale Steyn bowled 10 overs with 1 maiden at an economy rate of 4.8 in the 2nd innings of the match and accumulated 3 wickets for 48 runs against Bangladesh at Benoni on November 9, 2008.
- He bagged 3 wickets for 49 runs in the 1st innings of the match at an economy rate of 4.9 against Australia at Adelaide on January 26, 2009 and bowled 10 overs with 1 maiden.
- Steyn bowled 10 overs, out of which 1 was maiden at an economy rate of 6.5 and achieved bowling figures of 3 wickets for 65 runs in the 1st innings of the match against Zimbabwe at Harare on August 25, 2007.
Based on data provided by Cricinfo as of September 28th, 2011