Zaheer Khan (born on October 7, 1978 in Shrirampur, Maharashtra), is an Indian cricketer also known as “Zak”. He is a left arm fast bowler considered as the best of the Indian fast bowling attack. He made his test debut in 2000 against Bangladesh at Dhaka. Zaheer is best known for his ability to swing the ball both ways and he also has the record for the highest Test score by a No. 11. As of September 2011, he took total of 273 wickets. He took seven wickets against Bangladesh at Dhaka in January 2010, which is his best as test bowler till-date.
Here is a list of his top 10 test wickets:
1. Zaheer Khan accumulated 7 wickets for 87 runs versus Bangladesh at Dhaka on January 24, 2010 and bowled 20.3 overs with 2 maidens at an economy rate of 4.24. He achieved his best bowling figures in the 3rd innings of the match.
2. Khan bagged 5 wickets for 29 runs in the 2nd innings of the match against New Zealand at Hamilton on December 19, 2002 and bowled 13.2 overs with 4 maidens at an economy rate of 2.17.
3. Zak bowled 10 overs with 1 maiden at an economy rate of 3.4 and pocketed 5 wickets for 34 runs against Bangladesh at Dhaka on May 25, 2007. It was in the 2nd innings of the match.
4. In the 2nd innings of the match, he grabbed 5 wickets for 53 runs at an economy rate of 2.12 versus New Zealand at Wellington on December 12, 2002 and bowled 25 overs including 8 maidens.
5. Zaheer bowled 18 overs, out of which 2 were maidens and took 5 wickets for 65 runs at an economy rate of 3.61 in the 2nd innings of the match against New Zealand at Wellington on April 3, 2009.
6. Khan fetched 5 wickets for 72 runs in the 3rd innings of the match versus Sri Lanka at Mumbai (BS) on December 2, 2009 and bowled 21 overs with 5 maidens at an economy rate of 3.42.
7. It was the 3rd innings of the match in which he pocketed 5 wickets for 75 runs and bowled 27 overs with 10 maidens at an economy rate of 2.77 versus England at Nottingham on July 27, 2007.
8. Zaheer Khan bowled 29.5 overs with 4 maidens at an economy rate of 3.05 in the 1st innings of the match and accumulated 5 wickets for 91 runs against Australia at Bangalore on October 9, 2008.
9. He bagged 5 wickets for 94 runs in the 1st innings of the match at an economy rate of 3.13 against Australia at Mohali on October 1, 2010 and bowled 30 overs with 7 maidens.
10. Zak bowled 23 overs, out of which 2 were maidens at an economy rate of 4.13 and achieved bowling figures of 5 wickets for 95 runs in the 1st innings of the match versus Australia at Brisbane on December 4, 2003.
Based on data provided by Cricinfo as of September 16th, 2011