England v Sri Lanka 2011
Sri Lanka 309 for 5 (50 overs)
England 240 all out (45.5 overs)
Toss: England, decided to field
Player of the match: Jayawardene (Sri Lanka)
Series : Srilanka leads the series by 2-0
Highlights of the match
Srilanka won the second One day International match by 69 runs against England at Leeds on Friday. After winning the toss England skipper Cook decided to field first at fast and bouncy pitch of Headingly. The focus of the match was the brilliant innings of Srilankan middle order batsman Mahela Jayawardene who played a fine innings of 144 runs of 150 balls with 14 boundaries. Former skipper Kumar Sangakkara also contributed 69 runs for his team. Srilanka put 309 runs on the board in 50 overs for the loss of five wickets. It was a tough target for host team who could not achieved the target. England innings comes to end at 240 runs in 45.5 overs. It is the second consecutive victory of Srilanka in ODI series. Jayawardene declared man of the match for his brilliant knock.
Note – Press the Full Screen Button in the Bottom Right to View in Full screen WIth out Ads.
For more coverage click here
Related Cricket Highlights:
- Match summary of Scotland vs Netherlands, 2nd ODI, Aberdeen
- ENGLAND VS AUSTRALIA, WORLD CUP SEMI-FINAL, LEEDS 1975 – ENG INNINGS VIDEO
- Srilanka is dangerous even without Muralitharan, Ian Bell
- Matt Prior apologised for his misbehavior at dressing room, SL tour England and Scotland 2011
- WASIM AKRAM BOWLS ADAM GILCHRIST 99 WORLD CUP VIDEO