Indian Premier League: DLF IPL final match
Match venue: MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai
Teams: Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challenger Bangalore
Man of the match: M Vijay (Chennai Super Kings)
Result: Chennai Super Kings won by 58 runs.
Toss: Chennai Super Kings and elected chose to bat first.
Highlights of the match
In the final match of IPL 4; Chennai Super Kings beat Royal Challenger Bangalore by 58 runs. After winning the toss Chennai Super Kings’ skipper Dhoni decided to bat first and set huge total of 205 runs in 20 overs. Muraly Vijay played a fine innings of 95 runs from 52 deliveries (4×4’s, 6×6’s) and give strength to CSK. Mike Hussey also played a fine innings made half century (63 runs) from 45 balls. In reply RCB innings ended at 147 runs in 20 overs. Wicket of Gayle in the first over of the innings was the turning point of the game
M Vijay of Chennai Super Kings elected man of the match for his match winning performance.
Chennai Super Kings
Total (5 wickets, 20 overs) 205 (10.25 runs per over)
Fall of wickets 1-159 (Hussey, 14.5 ), 2-188 (Vijay, 18.1 ), 3-188 (Dhoni, 18.2 ), 4-199 (Morkel, 19.4 ), 5-199 (Raina, 19.5 )
Royal Challenger Bangalore
Total (8 wickets; 20 overs) 147 (7.35 runs per over)
Fall of wickets: 1-1 (Gayle, 0.4), 2-16 (Agarwal, 2.3), 3-48 (de Villiers, 6.3), 4-62 (Pomersbach, 8.3), 5-69 (Kohli, 9.6), 6-70 (Vettori, 10.2), 7-92 (Mithun, 12.6 ), 8-130 (Khan, 18.4)
Player of the series CH Gayle (Royal Challengers Bangalore)
Related Cricket Highlights:
- Summary of IPL 14th Match played between Royal Challengers Bangalore and Chennai Super Kings
- Match Prediction of Chennai Super kings and Royal Challengers Bangalore in first playoff match of IPL 4 2011
- Match Prediction of Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Chennai Super Kings, 69th IPL
- Match prediction of IPL 4, 2011 final played between Chennai Super kings and Royal Challenger Bangalore
- Summary of 64th match Chennai Super Kings vs Kochi Tuskers Kerala Chepauk, Chennai