Update: Apr 1, 2011. 3.09 pm EST. We are doing a world cup hosting party in our Apartment.
So where to watch the biggest cricket final ever to be played between India and Sri Lanka in Mumbai on April 2, 2011? For cricket fans from India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka or Bangladesh who are not living in the subcontinent, it can be a challenge to find a place that is showing live world cup games. However, New York City always has something that makes it possible for us die hard fans to watch the games. Here are some options
- The Australian bar in mid town – they have been showing the matches and its pretty gud place. They are likely to be sold out. They wre sold out for the Semi Final between India and Pakistan. Reservations are strongly recommended
- The JujoMukti Tea Lounge in the east village is showing the games.
- There is a Bangladeshi Deli on Kenmare and Mott Street that is also open 24 hrs and they have the cricket channel on for those who want to watch the matches. Pretty quite if you want some space and peace.
- Update: A user just informed that Dorrains in Pavonia/Newport on Washington BLVD is showing the match. $10 cover.
- I do know that the Eight Mile Creek on Mulberry is NOT SHOWING any of the world cup games so far (they may change in the next few days). But i have spoken to the owner Andrew and he said the timing if way off for them to screen the games this time.
- I also heard that the Stonecreek on Lexington Avenue and around 25th street is also showing the world cup matches. Do check though
Thats about it – if others know of more places, please leave a comment. By the way, we may do a screening at a friends place – If so we will add the details !
Related Cricket Highlights: