India vs Pakistan at the World Cups:
- Total matches played: 4
- India cricket team won: 4
- Pakistan cricket team won: 0
India versus Pakistan – One Day Win/Loss record:
- Total matches: 119
- India won: 46
- Pakistan won: 69
- No result: 4
Analysis of India’s Batting and Bowling
Batting: It is the best line-up in the world. The top order had performed really well in the initial rounds. The middle order has collapsed a few times but they improved significantly again Australia. Yuvraj Singh has been in scintillating form in the middle. Pakistan only bet is to expose the lower order early.
Bowling: The bowling is not best but is suited for the sub continent conditions. They have a good variety of pace, off-spin and slow left arm bowlers. Zaheer Khan has been the most successful with 17 wickets and Yuvraj chipping in with 11.
India should look to bat first and put up with a big score.
Analysis of Pakistan’s bowling and batting
Batting: This is an area of concern in crucial matches. The openers have not been consistent but the rest of the batting has been quite steady in the world cup. But chasing a big score might be tough.
Bowling: Bowling has been their strength. Shahid Afridi almost has a new role of a bowler. He is the leading wicket taker of the world cup so far. Their bowling is capable of taking out any batting side in the world.
It is a well known fact that Pakistan has never won a match against India in a World Cup. Given the strengths and weaknesses of both teams the odds are in India’s favor.
Related Cricket Highlights:
- ICC Worldcup 2011-Imran Khan Analysis on Pakistan vs Srilanka Match Part 3
- ICC Worldcup 2011-Imran Khan Analysis on Pakistan vs Srilanka Match Part 1
- India Pakistan Cricket ODIs Records: Prep up for the Semifinal World Cup Match
- Prediction and Analysis of Pakistan vs Sri-lanka ICC World Cup 2011 Final
- PAKISTAN VS WEST INDIES 1987 WORLDCUP PAKISTAN INNINGS HIGHLIGHTS PART 2 VIDEO