Analysis and Comments of Pakistan Vs Australia World Cup Cricket Match at Colombo
Pakistan played a wonderful match at Colombo and stopped Australia to win by 35 runs in their World Cup match. Pakistan defeated Australia in the last group A match and reached on top position in group A, pushing Australia to the 3rd place.
The Kangaroos were outclassed in both areas, batting as well as bowling. Skipper Afridi surprised everybody with his skills in bowling. Pakistanis players grilled Australians from all sides and they never recovered from Pakistanis strong grips.
First Pakistanis pacers and spinners mounted all round pressure on Australians batsmen and did not allow any top batsman to cross fifty and limited Australia to 176/10 in 46.4 overs.
Pakistan crossed 177 runs set to win and scored 178 in 39th over, Asad Shafique-49, Kamran Akmal 23, Omar Akmal-47 and Younis khan-31 from batting side and Omar Gul-3 and Razzak-2 wickets were turning point of the game and Pakistan won by 4 wickets easily.
COMMENTS on the Match
- With-out pacer Shoib Akhtar Pakistan still dominated the bowling
- Pacers Gul and Razzak took 5 wickets and broke the ribs of Australians front line batsmen
- The remaining 5 wickets were claimed by spinners, Hafeez, Afridi and Rehman.
- Brett Lee claimed 4 wickets for Australia, but other bowlers did not succeeded to stop Pakistani batsmen
- Pakistan crossed the target of 177 and scored 178 in the 40th over to give Australia a stunning defeat after 12 years.
- Total domination of Pakistanis pacers and spinners caged the ‘Kangaroos ‘from all sides to 176 for 10 wickets.
- Now Pakistan will take on to West Indies on Wednesday at Mirpur, Bangladesh and Australia will clash with India on Thursday at Ahmedabad.
- Australia won the toss and chose to bat first
- Pakistanis bowlers started mounting pressure with both pacers and spinners and compelled Australians batting at back-foot from start to end
- Australia’s highest scorer was Michael Clarke – 42 runs.
- Ponting tried his best to break Pakistanis bowling power line but failed miserably and Pakistanis established their superiority over Australian batsmen and were all out at a total of 176 runs . This was the turning point of the match and it became clear that Pakistan will cross this score easily.
- On bowling side again, Australians pacers and spinners completely disappointed Ricky Ponting
- Only Brett Lee bowled well and claimed 4 wickets, but it was too late to hold Afridi from victory.
- On Wednesday at Mirpur Pakistan will take West Indies and there is no doubt about Pakistan will win over W.I. and will enter the semi final easily.