Here are some Pre-match comments of the Sri Lanka Versus England Quarter Final Match. Here is my prediction about the game.
Comments on SriLanka
- Form: Bigger than the sum of their parts and one of the top favorites. Except for the loss against Pakistan, the Srilankans have been very clinical. Besides crushing the minnows and New Zealand, were looking good against Australia 146/3 too before rain marred the tie.
- What makes them dangerous: Team combination of the top order is getting runs, the pacers are among wickets and the spinners are always a force to reckon with. So far, the middle order hasn’t contributed.
- Players to be watch out:
- Kumar Sangakkara is the leading run scorer in the tournament.
- Muttiah Muratharan has shown glimpses of his old form too.
Comments on England
- Form: Watching England has been as exciting as it has been frustrating. They huffed and buffed to victory against the Netherlands, lost to Ireland and Bangladesh but beat South Africa in a thriller and played one of the most exciting games of the tournament against India (match tied at 338 runs each team). They clinched another thriller against West Indies, winning from an almost impossible situation. Is luck will smile against Srilanka this time?
- What makes them dangerous: Just like Pakistan, England has been an unpredictable side. On paper, they look one of the best teams and have so far shown the ability to hold their nerves in crunch situation fringe players have risen to the occasion. England is a bunch of fighters who never give up.
- Players to watch out for:
- Man-in-form Jonathan Trott 336 runs topped world cup in 2011 has shown he has a good head on his shoulders.
- Spinner Graeme Swann 12 wickets @ 20.66 are showing his worth in conditions that favors batsmen more than bowlers.
A very thrilling match is awaited on March 26 at Colombo.
Related Cricket Highlights:
- Match highlights (summary) of Sri Lanka tour of England and Scotland 2011, 3rd ODI: England vs Sri Lanka at Lord’s
- SRI LANKAN WICKETS VS ENGLAND VIDEO
- England squad for third and final test against Srilanka (SL)
- Dilshan and Tharanga 231 run Partnership Decimates England in the World Cup Quarterfinals
- Sanath Jayasuria joined after 18 months in Srilankan cricket team,